This week is taking place in Barcelona, in Spain, a congress of mobile technology. Is one of these fairs gigantic in that all of the companies that dominate the sector are going to take some release.
Not few are the news but the one that caught my attention was a mobile phone from Samsung with the projector. The name of the smartphone of Samsung is Galaxy Beam, following the name of the Galaxy family that has already become the synonym of the brand phones Korean.
The handset runs Android 2.3 and has basically the following technical characteristics:
- 4-inch screen with a resolution of 480×800
- dual core 1GHz processor
- 6GB of RAM ! I found too! (it would be a mistake on the Samsung website)?
- 8GB internal memory with micro SD card slot up to 32GB
- 5MP camera + front 1.3 MP
- Battery of 2000 mAh
- and finally the projector of 15 lumens!
Is a device a bit heavier than the latest releases. It weighs 145 grams and is a little big, but it has a feature that no other mobile device commercially produced scale displays, it can project images up to 50 inches!
The possibility of using a video projector portable are immense… and, of course, many still will appear in addition to these. With a portable projector on your mobile phone you can:
- watch Youtube videos on the wall of your house
- show photos to your friends without having to clump all the world to see on the big screen of the phone
- read way more comfortable on a larger screen.
- save videos and series on your device to watch on the big screen, on any wall
- make professional presentations and trainings
- .. imagine the possibilities for games!!
- and many many other things
No applications are missing and as the brazilians are the masters of imagination, this device will do a lot of success when you arrive in Brazil.
The video below shows the use of the mobile phone with projector by a group of friends.
This other video is as an advertisement of margarine, but with more technology.
And this other video speaks about the possibilities brought about by the application of the already known projection technology into a portable device.
This is the unit. See the small projector on top of it.
The Samsung Galaxy Beam, and still do not have a set price, since it is a release of extremely recent. What we can be sure of is that this projector doesn’t have as much quality as the professionals and will happen as in the cameras for the mobile phone: the first phones had cameras of poor quality and only after a few years the devices now have cameras even better than many compact machines.