Low consumption, long life and no heat production: these are the main characteristics of LEDs.
What Is An LED?
LED (Lighting Emitted Diodes) is a diode that when energized emits light visible to human eyes. LEDs are electronic components that generate light with low power consumption.
There are two types of LEDs:
- Low Power:used for signaling. Examples: on / off buttons, Christmas trees, etc. – are not suitable for general lighting;
- High Power: theyare used for general lighting of environments or to highlight points of interest.
LED lamps giving prominence to decorative objects. Image: Philips
Of extremely low consumption, extremely long life, the LEDs are increasingly more efficient surpassing the efficiency of the incandescent lamps.
- Power:normally found with powers from 5 to 18W;
- Lifespan:up to 100,000 hours (average of 25,000 hours). According to Philips data: if we consider a daily average of 2.5 hours, a common incandescent lamp will have a useful life of approximately 8 months, while an LED bulb will be 25 years old;
- Use:highlight lighting, residential, commercial and public. Traffic lights (neutralizes the “ghost effect”), facades of buildings, beacons, lighting of nightclubs, etc.;
- Sustainability: itis easy to discard and recycle and does not harm the environment because it does not contain lead or mercury;
- Caution:Most lamps should not be used outdoors or in closed luminaires, as their durability may be compromised.
Comparison between technologies: a 5W LED bulb, for example, produces light from a 25W incandescent bulb. Image: Philips
Examples of the use of LED lamps in the decoration of rooms and kitchens. Images: OSRAM
What Are The LED Colors?
You can find LEDs with different colors:
- Light Color:there are several colors, among which are: red, blue, green, orange, amber, …;
- White Light: itis possible to find lamps with white (light) or more yellow (soft).
What Are The Benefits Of LED?
LEDs have many advantages:
- Light withquality and defined beam;
- It does not emit ultraviolet and infrared radiation, ie, they do not fade tissues or burn the skin;
- Low heatgeneration , which brings more comfort and reduces costs with the air conditioning ;
- It is possible toeasily replace the incandescent / dichroic lamps withthe LEDs, as the base of the lamps is usually the same size;
- Up to 80%savings on incandescent bulbs;
LEDs: freedom of creation, allied to the economy and sustainability. Don’t miss the opportunity to learn more about the benefits offered by led, visit our site: dealledlights.com.
What To Watch When Buying?
First of all it is very important to opt for products of good origin. Some packing information is valuable:
- Lamp power:what is its wattage? Usually the power of the LED lamp and its correspondence with the conventional lamp is indicated, so you will have a parameter of how much light is produced;
- It isimportant to know if it can be used in the available nozzle. E27, for example, is the common thread;
- Color temperature or light tint: indicatesthe color of the light produced. Learn more in the article: Introduction to Luminotécnica ;
- Seal:Many lamps have an energy-efficient seal that indicates the lamp’s quality standard;
- Durability:indicating how many hours, on average, the bulb will have of life.
Below are some examples of the application of LED lamps:
LEDs can replace many of the bulbs used in a home. Check out the tips below. Images: OSRAM
To Replace The Incandescent
- VisionLED – Philips:soft and clear color, replacing ordinary incandescent bulbs. Power of 5W (replaces to of 25W) and 7W (replaces to of 35W). The 9W replaces those of 50W and has a clear light. It lasts 25,000 hours and is multi-voltage (100 to 240V);
For Kitchens And Laundries
- Master LEDtube – Philips:can replace tubular fluorescents. Available in color temperatures of 4,000K (white) and 6,500K (quite white). Saves up to 40% energy compared to 20W and 40W fluorescent lamps. It operates directly in the network (100-240V), dispensing reactors and does not present a risk of shock in the installation. It lasts for 40,000 hours and can be switched on / off without compromising lamp life.
Highlight For Objects – Rooms, Corridors And Other Environments
- LED Tapes:Tips for Choosing LED Tapes
- AmbienteLED MR16 – Philips:replaces dichroic lamps and is great for highlighting objects, such as frames and vases, for having a directed beam. It is available in the powers of 7W and 10W, replacing the dichroics of 35W and 50W respectively. They do not emit heat and have a color temperature of 2700 (soft yellow) and are dimerizable. It is compatible with any transformer on the market. It has a durability of 25,000 hours.
Examples of bulbs LEDs indicated for residential use. They replace the common incandescent, the fluorescent tube and the dichroic respectively. Where to find? Search for prices and models: Philips LED Lamps – Buscapé
LED lighting used in kitchens and facades. Images: OSRAM
Livingcolors – Philips: With this luminaire, it is possible to create different scenarios and choose 16 million colors of light, in tonality and intensity.
Philips Livingcolors luminaire. Where to find? Search prices and models: Philips luminaires – Buscapé
Commercial Use – Hotels, Offices, Restaurants, Shops, …
- Master LED 12W – Philips: it has a soft color temperature (2700K) and distributes the light in a similar way to the 60W incandescent. It reduces energy consumption by 80% and has a lifespan of 25000 hours. It can be dimerized and possesses is available in the voltages of 127 and 220V.
- Master LED GU10 – Philips: replaces 50W halogen lamps, consumes only 7W, has a lifespan of 40000 hours, color temperature of 2700K (soft) and steerable 25 or 40 degrees. They can be used from 100 to 240V.
- Master LED PAR – Philips: replaces 50W, 75W and 100W PAR lamps for 7W, 12W, 17W or 18W consumptions (eg Philips 17W or 18W LED PAR38, replaces 75W and 100W PAR38 Halogen ). They have color temperature of 2700K, are dimerizable and have a lifespan of 45000 hours.
Examples of bulbs they replace: 60W incandescent, 50W halogen bulbs and PAR lamps. Where to find?Philips LED Lamps – Buscapé
LED lighting applied in stores: light with color reproduction quality and energy saving.
LED Lighting Retail
Led Ceiling Pendant Lights
Electrical suppliers,LED lighting,Lighting supplies,Dubai …
Calabasas moldings with LED lighting shown installed as a …
Progress Green Ltd
Moebius 1/32 Flying Sub
14-mid-century-modern-side-table : Mid century Modern Side …
LEDマイページ操作ガイド | LED照明器具 | 法人のお客様
Fil:Noun Project lightbulb icon 1263005 cc.svg – Wikipedia
김연진 디자이너가 ‘2011공예트렌드페어’에 참가해 한지와 한복 원단으로 제작한 조명을 전시했다.
Durham Tiling, Bathroom projects gallery
Cone } Decorative spotlights } Lighting } LED } Elettra …
20 Passenger Limo Truck