The other marketing abbreviations may not be of interest to every use, but they are no less relevant. Everyone has their own IP address, but what exactly is that? What is the difference between HTTP and HTTPS? Below you can read more about the other marketing abbreviations. Knowledge of these abbreviations also contributes to better communication between client and contractor.
Service Level Agreement. An SLA is the recording of agreements between supplier and customer about support and availability of a service or product. These are almost always agreements between companies. SLA gives the customer more certainty about the purchased product or service. An SLA often relates to business web hosting. It records, among other things, how often updates take place, how the server is maintained and the minimum time it must be accessible.
Uniform Resource Locator. The URL is the full address of a web page. This address consists of a domain name and a path on the server. A URL can point to different destinations; to an HTML page, to an image, a video, or to any other type of file.
Extensible Markup Language. XML is a file format for exchanging information between computers. XML can also be used to exchange information between computers and applications or between applications. XML information is described by tags and used for eg RSS feeds and search engine sitemaps.
Software Development Kit. An SDK is a set of development tools for a particular application. This can be, for example, a game console or a hardware platform. The SDK allows developers to design and develop applications for the above platforms. An SDK typically contains a graphics tool, a linker, a compiler, and an editor.
World Wide Web Consortium. The W3C is the organization responsible for developing and establishing web standards including HTML, CSS and XML. In addition to script and markup languages, W3C also deals with guidelines for, for example, the accessibility of the web.
More information: Official website – W3C
Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group. WHATWG is a working group that was founded in 2004 and aims to have more influence on the development of web technologies. This working group disagreed with some of W3C’s intentions, including swapping the HTML standard for XML. WHATWG has played an important role in the development of HTML5.
More information: Official website – WHATWG
HyperText Transfer Protocol. HTTP is used when visiting websites. It is a protocol that determines how web servers and visitors communicate with each other. A visitor sends a request to a web server which in turn sends the request to the server’s IP address. In addition to the requested address, technical information and possibly cookies are also sent. The server then sends the desired page or file to the user.
HyperText Transfer Protocol SSL. The S behind HTML stands for Secure and means that the connection is secure. In that case, the traffic between web server and visitor is secured by SSL technology. Data is sent encrypted so that third parties who want to intercept or eavesdrop on the traffic cannot view or listen in. HTTPS connections have a lock in the address bar.
Internet Protocol. An IP address is unique and consists of four series of numbers separated by periods. Every computer connected to the Internet has its own IP address and occupies a unique, traceable place. The IP address is used to distinguish visitors from each other and this also makes it possible to analyze statistics about the use of websites.
Rich Site Summary of Really Simple Syndication. An RSS feed is an XML file that allows information from a website to be shared with other sites and applications. An RSS is structured so that information can be processed flexibly with third parties. For example, RSS can publish a list of recent articles. Special RSS readers allow the latest news from a particular website to be followed without having to visit it again and again.
Secure Sockets Layer. SSL is a technique that allows traffic between a visitor and the web server to be secured. Data is sent encrypted so that it cannot be read, listened to or manipulated by third parties. SSL is used to secure information systems and to guarantee the privacy of users. Addresses that are loaded using SSL can be recognized by the green lock in the address bar. To use HTTPS you need an SSL certificate.
Customer Lifetime Value. CLV is the calculation of the net revenue that a customer generates in the period that this customer is, from first to last purchase. Customer acquisition and customer management come at a cost. By calculating the CLV, it is possible to calculate how much can be spent on recruiting a specific customer. This can then be used to calculate the marketing budget.
Non-Disclosure Agreement. In Dutch nondisclosure agreement. An NDA offers parties the opportunity to exchange confidential information. The NDA records which information is and which is not shared. For example, an NDA is often used if an external party, for example, needs to gain access to the data in a Google Analytics or Adwords account.
- What is SEO? - Standing for Search Engine Optimization according to abbreviationfinder, SEO is an important area of digital marketing that aims to help websites achieve a higher position in search engine results. This can help increase your website traffic and value, bringing huge …
- Lille, France - Lille is the capital of the historical region of French Flanders, the center of the northern region of Nord-Pas-de-Calais, a city with a Flemish accent near the border with Belgium. For centuries, the reason for the existence of Lille was …
- All You Need to Know About Durability - The idea of durability refers to the condition of lasting or durable: that is, it can last a long time. Durability, therefore, is linked to duration (permanence, subsistence). For example: “The durability of tires has been increasing thanks to technological …
- Krk, Croatia - According to wholevehicles.com, the island of Krk is located to the east of the Istrian peninsula. The nature here is very beautiful: dense forests are replaced by rocks, grape and olive plantations are everywhere – but tourists come here primarily …
- Poreč, Croatia - Porec, the largest tourist center of Istria and Croatia, is located 60 km from the airport on the western coast of Istria in the lagoon of the same name, 25 km long, with a bizarrely indented coastline. The beaches are …
- Atlanta, Georgia - Road network The Atlanta area with its spider web structure. There is virtually no grid network in Atlanta, and there is also little hierarchy in the underlying road network. The through roads are often not well developed, so that the …
- Hafjell, Norway - Norway is a very beautiful and interesting country with indescribable landscapes, a unique way of life and culture, with original traditions and people. As you know, this country is northern, with a sometimes very harsh climate, but for some reason, …
- Puerto Princesa, Philippines - The city with the romantic name of Puerto Princesa is not only the capital of the province, but also one of the most environmentally friendly places in the Philippines. Thanks to the beautiful nature and the presence of the airport, …
- All You Need to Know About Poetic Discourse - The message that is pronounced with the intention of expressing an idea, a feeling, etc. is called a speech. It is a presentation that can be made in writing or orally. The poetic, on the other hand, is what is …
- All You Need to Know About Economy - The economy can be framed within the group of social sciences since it is dedicated to the study of production and exchange procedures and the analysis of the consumption of goods (products) and services. The word comes from the Greek …